The aim of my work is to support the promotion of independent living/recovery and social inclusion through the personalisation of the support and services available to people.
Whilst I feel that a personal discussion of what your requirements are and how I might be able to help (or who else might be better able to) is the best way of defining what I might be able to offer you, some of the ways in which I have done my work are:
- Presentations and/or workshops at national, regional and local events
- Training days
- Support to organisations and groups
- Advice to organisations, groups and individuals
- Production of, or review of, reports and other literature for organisations and groups
Below are some recent examples of these. Please contact me for further discussion.
Presentations and/or workshops at national, regional and local events:
- Personalisation and Mental Health – making it work for Leicester (Network for Change event, Leicester 25th May 2011: Read/Download event report)
- Personalisation in Substance Misuse Services (Chineham, Hampshire March 2011)
- Personalisation in Mental Health Services (Capita Conferences in London, 31st March 2010; Birmingham 16th June 2010)
- Carers and Personalisation – York 2011 (with Bernadette Simpson).
- Mental Health and Personalisation – Coventry 2011 (with a person receiving a personal budget and CMHT staff from Skegness)
Support to organisations and groups:
- Looking at the impact, challenges and opportunities of personalisation, particularly co-production, rethinking support provision, and culture change.
- Darlington Association on Disability (DAD) Dimensions – October 2011
Advice to organisations, groups and individuals:
- Direct Payments – through the dp-uptake group and by e-mail and telephone
- – Rethink Webchat on Direct Payments and mental health, October 2011
- – Darlington Association on Disability (DAD) – Direct Payments Support Service, October 2011
- Mental Health and Personalisation – through the mh-personalisation group and by e-mail and telephone